Vaporware websites (collectively “Vaporware” in this policy) refer to sites hosted on the Vaporware.net, DefinemyMVP.com, and other related domains and subdomains thereof.
Like most website operators, Vaporware collects non-PII of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Vaporware’s purpose in collecting non-PII is to better understand how Vaporware’s visitors use its websites and to provide a personalized browsing experience.
Collection of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Vaporware choose to interact with Vaporware in ways that require Vaporware to gather PII. The amount and type of information that Vaporware gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who request to be contacted to provide an email address and phone number.
Vaporware also attempts to collect visitor’s PII like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or email addresses if provided by an affiliate link or system. This compulsory information is treated exactly the same as voluntary PII, as defined in this policy.
In each case, Vaporware collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Vaporware. Visitors can always refuse to supply PII, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities, such as requesting a consultation.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
Vaporware discloses potentially PII and PII only to employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Vaporware’s behalf or to provide services available through Vaporware, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Vaporware, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. In addition, Vaporware discloses potentially PII and PII only when required to do so by law, if you explicitly give permission to have your information shared, or when Vaporware believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Vaporware, third parties, or the public at large.
Vaporware will not rent, sell, or otherwise profit off of potentially PII and PII through any third party transaction. However, non-PII collected about visitors may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Use of Personally-Identifying Information
We may use the information in ways that include but are not limited to:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails regarding other products and services
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Retention of Personally-Identifying Information
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need to. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information from our systems. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain information about you so that we may honor your request.
Rights in relation to your Personally-Identifying Information
You may have certain rights under the data protection laws in relation to the PII we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of PII we hold about you;
- ask that we update the PII we hold about you, or independently correct such PII that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete PII that we hold about you from systems, or restrict the way in which we use such PII;
- object to our processing of your PII; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your PII (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please follow the instructions at the end of this policy.
Applicable laws we comply with include, but are not limited to:
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Fair Information Practices Principles
- Individual Redress Principle
- Children Online Privacy Protection Act
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Vaporware may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Vaporware may reveal how many times a particular resource was downloaded or report on which pages are the most popular, based on data gathered by analytics tools. However, Vaporware does not disclose PII other than as described in this policy.
Additional Visitor Tracking Methodologies and Policies
- We may use Google AdSense Advertising on our website
- We allow third-party behavioral tracking, like FullStory screen capture
- We honor Do Not Track (DNT) signals
If you have received contact from us and do not wish to be contacted again, please email us at email@example.com to be completely unsubscribed from any and all future contact from us.