What's unique about this job posting, how it works, and how to build it for hiring success. The better way to do job postings to find talented, autonomous, and capable employees in your hiring process. This is how Vaporware hires their experts!
What is a 30/60/90 job posting?
- A better way to do job postings to find the right candidates.
- A list of objectives at different checkpoints (30-60-90 days)
- Designed to ensure proper onboarding and culture fit before the company invests too much.
What happened to drive this solution?
- Created out of personal desire because of the experience from prior companies- escape from past experiences
- Asking the question: "How would we want to be hired?"
- Tailoring to culture fit is much more important
- Allow people to do different things within one company
- Not looking at what they have done in the past, but projecting about what they can do in the future.
Why is this important to the company?
- Yes, you can meet those objectives!
- Limits company risk
- Shifts away from skills
- Keeping people onboard
- Retain people longer from 3-6 months to up over 4+ years
- Bottom line, higher attraction of more seasoned employees
- 90 day performance metrics are a necessity for a successful hire
- Sets up the framework for the communication and expectation structure
- Clear guide of what needs to be accomplished by when
How do we build out a 90 day plan?
- Start with the end goal (6 months to a year)
- Stay with us forever: They’re bought into the mission and helping us define it
- Figure out how we can evaluate that in the first 90 days (limit our investment)
- Question what is realistic in 90 days?
To get to 90 days
- Negotiation between desires and realism.
- Hope for the best but don’t negotiate your minimum expectations
- Break out what needs to happen for 90 to be successful = 60 days
- Break out what needs to happen for 60 to be successful = 30 days
- Keep flexible enough for applicant to define their own OKRs within that framework
- Post into job listing. Applicants can define Key Results within those posted Objectives.
What are the OKRs
- Set up framework for people to self manage their goals
- Break things down into strategy
- Compelling ability to break things down for company
- Autonomy, bring people who are smarter and can teach us something
- Additional formatting for the job add to attract passive people
- "What’s in it for me?" of the job seeker
- Performance metrics
- Call to Action!
- Align to culture first
- Have a 90 day plan
- Review and adjust the plan as you go
You can also listen to this in podcast form.
This talk originally appeared here and has been posted with permission from Hire Power Radio Show.